Terms & Conditions
This website is operated by The Grandparent Hub Limited and use of the website indicates your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. Please read them carefully before proceeding. The Terms & Conditions of this website may be updated or amended from time to time without prior notice, please do check back here for the latest Terms & Conditions. They were last updated in September 2018.
The Grandparent Hub is an online community to support grandparents who help look after their grandchildren in one way or another. Its aim is to help create memories from the moments spent together and this is done by offering ideas and inspiration for the time spent together.
The Grandparent Hub has made in good faith best efforts to ensure that the information contained within the website is up to date, correct and complete. In the event of inadvertent or occasional errors The Grandparent Hub accepts no liability. Furthermore, The Grandparent Hub cannot accept any liability for loss of any kind resulting from reliance on the information or opinions provided within the website nor from any computer viruses and other malicious programs on the website despite The Grandparent Hub’s reasonable precautions against them.
The Grandparent Hub intends to make the website available 24 hours a day, but cannot be held liable for any non-availability or error regardless of whether the circumstances are inside or outside The Grandparent Hub’s control.
The copyright and all other intellectual property rights, including logos, trademarks and brand names, in the material on this website are owned by The Grandparent Hub Limited. Any reproduction or use of extracts from the website incorporated into or stored in any form for any purpose is prohibited without the written or express permission of ‘The Grandparent Hub’ and its directors.
The website and all materials and information thereon are provided on an “as is” basis. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, we do not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to the website or any information or service provided through the website. To the fullest extent permitted by law we will not be liable to users for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising (including due to our negligence) out of or in connection with the viewing, use or performance of the website or its contents, whether due to inaccuracy, error, omission or any other cause and whether on the part of The Grandparent Hub or its servants or agents, or any other person.
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the website and is compatible with the website. You also acknowledge and agree that we do not guarantee or warrant that any material available for downloading from the website will be free from infection, viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
The Grandparent Hub may provide hypertext links to websites operated by other people and companies who we believe offer complementary services, goods and advice. When you access any other site from these links, you understand that it is independent from thegrandparenthub.com and that we have no control over the content or availability of that website. In addition, a link to any other website does not mean that The Grandparent Hub endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such a website and shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site.
The Grandparent Hub is committed to respecting your privacy and complies with relevant data protection laws. The company Privacy Notice can be found here
Ownership of Rights
All material and images are owned by or registered to The Grandparent Hub. Any use of this website or its content is prohibited without our prior permission.
Current Competition Details – No current competitions
– To enter the competition you must email xxxxx with your name and email address
– The competition runs from Sunday xxxxx 2018 to midnight on Saturday xxxxx 2018.
– One winner will be chosen at random and notified xxxxxx on xxxxx 2018.
– The prize is for xxxxx.
– Prize is non-transferable and there is no cash or product alternative.
– This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or any other Social Network.
– Competition run by xxxxx and The Grandparent Hub.
– Winner will be notified via The Grandparent Hub website.
– This competition is open to UK residents only.
– Entry to the giveaway is acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Grandchildren go FREE at SEA LIFE Centres – offer terms and conditions.
1. The Grandparent Hub audience can receive one Child ticket free when purchasing an Adult ticket based on the full entrance gate price, when purchasing tickets online using a valid, unique code supplied by The Grandparents Hub.
2. The offer is valid for tickets bought from 3rd December 2018 to 31st March 2019 at SEA LIFE Centres in Birmingham, Manchester, Brighton, Weymouth, Loch Lomond, Bray, Hunstanton, Blackpool, Scarborough, Great Yarmouth and SEALIFE London Aquarium. Offer EXCLUDES 25th December 2018 and any secondary events/concerts/Xmas events at all SEA LIFE Attractions. The offer is only valid when booked online using the unique code from The Grandparent Hub. You will be asked to enter the unique code on the attraction booking page to receive the offer.
3. Tickets can be purchased online on the day of visit. Please note, there is a delay of up to 2 hours for your ticket confirmation to be emailed to you after completing your online booking, you must have a valid ticket confirmation email in order to enter the attraction.
4. Each code will allow you to book up to 2 adults tickets. Every adult ticket purchased will qualify for 1 Free child ticket.
5. The Grandchildren go Free offer is not valid for use in conjunction with any other promotion, offer, concession or attraction website/call centre booking. The Code has no cash value and is automatically void if sold, offered for sale or if any attempt or offer is made to transfer the Code for value.
6. The Grandchildren Go Free offer can only be used for standard one–day entrance tickets and cannot be used on any other ticket packages. The offer is not valid for any combination tickets.
7. All of the Attractions reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to refuse entry and to close and/or alter all or any part of the facilities including closure of rides and/or attractions and removal of figures for technical, operational, health and safety or other reasons including over capacity.
8. Features and/or creatures shown on the online offer are not necessarily available at every Attraction.
9. All attraction information is subject to change; please check the attraction websites(s) below before your visit for the latest information.
10. For Attraction information please visit www.visitsealife.com
Terms and Conditions for The Grandparent Hub Awards 2019
The Grandparent Hub Awards open for entry on Friday 26th October and all award entries must be completed online at www.thegrandparenthub.com/awards by midnight on the Friday 14th December 2018.
To qualify for an early bird discount at a cost of £90 + VAT per entry per product you must have entered by midnight 8th November 2018. The cost of entering will increase to £120 + VAT per entry per product after midnight on the 8th November 2018.
You can enter more than one product and you can enter more than one catergory, a fee applies for each product and category entered.
Full details of categories and the process can be found on the the awards web page.
Once entry fee has been paid your entry is final and monies cannot be refunded. Incomplete entry forms will be disqualified. All unpaid entries will be disqualified.
The Grandparent Hub reserve the right to cancel or merge categories if there are insufficient entries into various categories.
All samples must reach us by the 2nd May 2018. Any samples received after this date will be disqualified. Due to volume of submissions we receive we do not accept responsibility for lost items, so please ensure you track your package. It is up to you to ensure that your samples are sent and have arrived.
Testing process is detailed on the awards web page. Judges decision on the shortlist is final. Final winners will be chosen by our audience and will be announced on 28th February 2018 on our website and by email. There will be a Gold, Silver and Bronze winner within each category.
There is no cost to win an award or for the artwork for all Gold, Silver and Bronze awards badges which will be distributed after the winners announecement. This award licence does not expire. The Grandparent Hub, however, reserve the right to withdraw the use of the awards logo for any reason as we deem necessary, including, but not limited to, inappropriate display of logo or defacing of logo (including adding words, icons and other graphics to the award logo) and non-payment of submission fee.
Due to the number of submissions, no feedback will be available.
Terms and Conditions for Places to Go
All details on the Places to Go section are correct at the time of publishing.
Places to Go that are booked within The Grandparent Hub Ltd’s website, www.thegrandparenthu.com, are booked through our partner Hospitality Line.
We want you to be completely happy with our service to you. Once you have made a reservation, if you need to cancel then we will, where possible, offer you reduced cancellation charges. The exceptions are certain products which can not be refunded or transferred. These include: Warner Brothers Making of Harry Potter Studio Tour and ArcelorMittal Orbit. Please have your booking reference available when contacting us.
– Any cancellation made once you have booked will incur a 20%/£15.00 cancellation charge (whichever is greater).
– For cancellations made within 72 hours of the date of your trip, we cannot refund any monies paid.
– Should you wish to transfer your booking to an alternative date then we will apply a 20%/£15 administration charge (whichever is greater), however this will be subject to availability, requires at least 72 hours notice from the date of your trip and does not apply to Warner Brothers Making of Harry Potter Studio Tour. The ArcelorMittal Orbit at The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park cannot be refunded or amended within 7 days of the travel date. Hospitality Line cannot accept any responsibility in the event that the supplier is unable to offer the alternative date.
– On Request Bookings: On request bookings need to be accepted by the supplier before they are confirmed with the customer. This process can take up to 48 hours, so customers may have to wait up to two working days before they receive their voucher.
Prices displayed on our websites are correct to the best of our knowledge and maintained on a daily basis and include VAT at a rate of 20%. In the event of an order being placed against an accidental incorrect price, we will endeavour to inform the purchaser of the error within seven days of the purchase being made, we will allow the purchaser to either cancel the booking or choose to pay the additional difference in price. All individual attractions are subject to price variation. Pricing is correct at time of booking. We reserve the right to change the price of a product at any time. You will be charged for the number of passengers shown on the voucher if your voucher is presented at the venue you have booked subsequent to your party organiser receiving from us written confirmation that your booking has been cancelled, as requested by them.
Groups Policy – 20 people or more
20% cancellation charges will apply if you cancel 14 days or more prior to the date of the function.
50% charge will apply to cancellations received between 13 and 7 days prior to the booking
100% charge will apply to cancellations received less than 7 days prior to the booking date.
Please note that only one voucher will be issued per booking, therefore everyone attending the venue must arrive together.
Please also note that if the number of passengers shown on the voucher you present on the day exceeds the number you have booked with us you will be charged for these additional passengers.
Hospitality Line and it’s agents reserve the right to refuse admission and remove from that service any person whose condition in the opinion of Hospitality Line its agent’s staff interferes, or is likely to interfere with the enjoyment of the service by other participants.
Client cancellations are only accepted from the party organiser and must be submitted in writing to Hospitality Line.
Please note that all tour routes are subject to change without prior notice. No refunds or discounts will be offered under such circumstances.
We recommend that you check http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ before travelling in London to be aware of any events taking place which may affect your journey or experience.
Hospitality Line, its employees, servants and /or agents and /or suppliers do not accept any liability for any death, injury, theft or loss sustained at the attraction to any person or their belongings, including vehicles.
The liability of Hospitality Line in respect of any breach of these terms and conditions, including any implied terms shall not exceed any consequential loss however suffered by the clients or the guests and shall in any event be limited to the maximum amount invoiced and paid for the party’s booking.
Hospitality Line does not accept any liability nor will be liable for non completion of any service or any delays arising as a result of:
– Strikes, riots of lockouts affecting any trade which Hospitality Line is concerned.
– Adverse weather conditions
– Loss, damage or cancellation due to fire, flood of any other cause beyond its control
– Cancellation of the service by the supplier
These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and in the unlikely event of dispute, the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Terms and Conditions for Grandparent Hub+
1) Grandparent Hub+ launched on Monday 5th November 2018.
2) To use Grandparent Hub+ and receive the exclusive offers, news and competitions you will need to subscribe to Grandparent Hub+ membership.
3) Grandparent Hub+ membership subscription costs £39.99 per annum or £3.99 per month. Prices include VAT at 20%.
4) To subscribe to Grandparent Hub+ you must use this link http://thegrandparenthub.com/grandparent-hub-membership/.
5) Membership subscription is for a year from the day subscribe although your tastecard+ subscription will start from the moment you redeem it and last for 12 months from that date.
6) Your tastecard+ can be redeemed at www.tastecard.co.uk/redeem/TGPH18.
7) Once you have successfully registered and your information has been validated you will be sent a welcome email from tastecard which will contain your membership number and membership expiry date.
8) Your tastecard+ membership card is a digital membership which you can access by downloading the free tastecard app available on iPhone [iOS 8.0+] and Android [OS 3.0+] and Windows Phone [OS 8.1+].
9) Your Grandparent Hub+ membership will automatically re-new at the end of the year, we will remind you of this just before the renewal is due.
10) You can cancel your Grandparent Hub+ membership at any time by emailing email@example.com. Please note cancellation of membership to Grandparent Hub+ will also cancel your tastecard+ membership. Cancellation of membership can take up to 28 days.
11) My Hub Plus membership is not transferable, for sale or re-sale or redeemable for cash and there is no cash alternative.
13) tastecard+ require you to advise the restaurant when booking that you have a tastecard and when you present your tastecard+ digital membership card, participating restaurants will offer either 50% off your total food bill, or 2 for 1 meals (the cheapest course ordered will be deducted from the bill). Participating restaurants may not allow use of tastecard+ on days such as Mother’s Day, Valentines and Christmas Day, please check at the time of booking.
14) tastecard+ will advise of any new additions to their portfolio and any exclusive offers through their website www.tastecard.co.uk.
15) You can use your tastecard+ as many times as you like before the expiry date specifies on the the digital membership.
16) tastcard+ cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and excludes drinks.
17) Only valid tastecard+ will be accepted. Photocopies will not be accepted.
18) tastecard+ cannot be used retrospectively for meal out already taken and no refunds will be given.
19) tastecard+ cannot guarantee the availability or quality of the featured restaurants and any complaints or queries
arising from your meal please contact the tastecard Customer Service Team on 0800 5677 241.
20) 12 month tastecard+ can only be claimed in accordance with the tastecard terms and conditions. Terms and conditions can be found at https://www.tastecard.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.
21) Competitions, deals and offers featured within Grandparent Hub+ will be subject to their own terms and conditions which will be detailed on the Terms and Conditions page on thegrandparenthub.com website.
22) Use of The Forum is monitored. We ask all of our users to use this area with courtesy and respect for all users. Foul and inappropriate language will not be tolerated and may result in termination of My Hub Plus membership.
23) The Grandparent Hub terms and conditions apply, please click here to read.
24) By subscribing to Grandparent Hub+ you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
For any queries about Grandparent Hub+ please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and in the unlikely event of dispute, the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.