At The Grandparent Hub we recognise our duty of care with regards to your data and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We collect certain information or data about you when you use thegrandparenthub.com. This Privacy Notice been compiled to let you know what information is collected, how it is stored, kept secure, how the information is used and to also give you more control over your data.
Who are The Grandparent Hub Limited?
- The Grandparent Hub Limited is a website for grandparents. We are a private limited company registered under company number 10906527 and are also registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
What Information do we Collect:?
- We do not require your name or address to view our website and content and you can use the website without providing this with the exception of our Membership Area ‘Grandparent Hub+’. Subject to your permissions and choices, or as a legitimate interest in the case of our shop, we may collect some of the following or may in the future include some of the following:
- questions, competition answers, comments or feedback you leave, including your email address and name if you contact thegrandparenthub.com
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email marketing, and how you use our emails
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- your name, email address, password, date of birth, saved articles and blogger details, competition entries and marketing preferences if you sign up to use Grandparent Hub+
- your name, address, basket details if you purchase directly through our shop
- your name, email address, basket details if you purchase one of our Places to Go when you purchase through Hospitality Line (please see our Terms and Conditions for a list of these attractions) and SEA LIFE.
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
This data can be viewed by authorised people within The Grandparent Hub Ltd and selected suppliers, to:
- improve the website by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email marketing
- send email marketing to users who request them
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- to ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- notify you of changes to our services
- fulfil any orders placed through our shop
- to track sales for affiliate purposes
We review the personal data we hold on a regular basis.
Where your Data is Stored
Should you leave a comment on our website, this information is stored within our website until such time this is deleted.
If you contact us via our Contact Us page, none of this data will be stored by our website. The information provided will be collated in to an email and sent directly through to us by email.
How Long your Data is Stored for
Any personal data you share with us will be kept for as long as it necessary for us to complete the function for which is was supplied. There is no one specific time-frame for all pieces of data but rest assured it will not be kept for longer than reasonably necessary.
Use of ‘Cookies’
To help cover the costs of keeping thegrandparenthub.com up and running, we use affiliate marketing links, which means companies give us a small percentage of the sale if The Grandparent Hub refer you to the product from our site.
Keeping your Data Secure
Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit.
Any data you send is at your own risk:
We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
Disclosing your Information
We may pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so, or if we have to enforce any other agreements. This includes exchanging information with government departments for legal reasons.
We won’t share your personal information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
Your Rights and Choices
You can find out what information we hold about you and request a copy of this. You can also ask us not to use any of the information we collect. It is also important to us that your details are up to date and accurate. If you change your details or believe any details we hold on you are inaccurate please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have a choice about whether or not you receive information from us. If you have signed up to receive our email marketing and change your mind you can unsubscribe by clicking on one of the unsubscribe links in any email we have sent or by emailing email@example.com.
You can also choose to turn off your cookies, you can do this in the web browser.
If you have joined My Hub, you can change your details in this area or by contacting us. You can also delete your account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to be removed from our systems, please contact us at email@example.com if you would like us to do this.
How do we Protect your Information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers – payment is taken via a third party, Paypal.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information
Links to Other Websites
thegrandparenthub.com contains links to other websites. This Privacy Notice only applies to www.thegrandparenthub.com, and doesn’t cover other websites that we link to or link to us. These services have their own terms and conditions and privacy notices which we encourage to you to read to find out what .
What Happens if our Data is Compromised?
If a data breach was to occur, we will work with the relevant authorities and bodies to ensure that we comply with the law and will endeavour to notify you if you are affected.
Complying with the Law
We adhere to the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the EU Data Protection Directive 1995, the 2018 EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. All information held by us is relevant, you have given us permission to hold this, is accessible by you upon request and held securely.
If a data breach was to occur we would notify you as soon as possible.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
If there are any questions regarding this Privacy Notice, updating your preferences or finding out what information we hold on you please contact us using the information below.
The Grandparent Hub
11 Commons Lane, Hemel Hempstead,
Herts, HP2 5EY
Making a Complaint
If at any point you are unhappy, please do contact us on the details above. If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 18th May 2018. We will keep this Privacy Notice under regular review, please check back frequently. Any subsequent updates will be detailed here.
Last Edited on 18/05/2018