Things To Do
Delicious Jam TartsThings To Do
posted March 14th 2019
Enjoy making these delicious jam tarts with your grandchildren. They can even pick the jam they like so they will be sure to eat them all up.
You will need:
– 12 tbsp of jam, you can choose one flavour or use a selection
– 150 grams of plain flour
– 80 grams of unsalted butter, chilled and cut in to small cubes
– 1 medium egg
– 1 tbsp of caster sugar
– 1 pinch of salt
– 2 – 3 tbsp of ice-cold water
– Sieve the flour in to a mixing bowl and mix in the sugar and salt.
– Add in the butter and rub together with the flour until it looks a bit like breadcrumbs.
– Mix in the egg yolk and gradually add the water until the breadcrumbs stick together to make a ball shape.
– Knead the mixture until the dough becomes smooth.
– flatten in to a circular shape, wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
– Preheat the over to gas mark 6 or 200 degrees.
– Lightly flour your kitchen surface and place the dough on top.
– Using a rolling pin, roll out the pastry until it’s about as thick as a fifty pence piece.
– With a fluted cutter, ideally about 8cm in size, cut out the jam tart base. You will need 12 of them.
– Place the bases in to a non-stick cupcake tray.
– Add in a tbsp of your favourite jam.
– Place in the oven and bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
– Remove from the oven and cool.