Things To Do
Easter Hot Cross BunsThings To Do
posted April 6th 2019
It wouldn’t be Easter without Hot Cross Buns.
I used this recipe from All recipes web site. I used it last year and they came out perfectly, so will be using it again this year.
- 3/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon instant powdered milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup dried currants
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
– Put warm water, butter, skim milk powder, 1/4 cup sugar, salt, egg, egg white, flour, and yeast in bread maker and start on dough program.
– When 5 minutes of kneading are left, add currants and cinnamon. Leave in machine till double.
– Punch down on floured surface, cover, and let rest 10 minutes.
– Shape into 12 balls and place in a greased 9 x 12 inch pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place till double, about 35-40 minutes.
– Mix egg yolk and 2 tablespoons water. Brush on balls.
– Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Remove from pan immediately and cool on wire rack.
– To make crosses: mix together confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and milk. Place glaze in a piping bag or a sandwich bag with the corner snipped off; pipe a cross onto each roll.