Things To Do
Environmentally Friendly Reindeer FoodThings To Do
posted December 19th 2018
This Christmas Eve, why not help the grandchildren make some reindeer food that fills the reindeers tummy and is kind to wildlife?
You will need:
- A bowl in which to keep your reindeer food
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Bird seed
- Some dried fruit (but stay away from grape-based fruits ie currants, sultanas, if you have a dog as they can be poisonous to them)
- Some grated cheese
- Sprinkling of chilli powder to keep Rudolph and his friends warm
You will need to:
- Ask the grandchildren to pour the ingredients in to a mixing bowl
- Using a wooden spoon they can stir it all around until it’s mixed up
- Pour the food in to a bowl which you can leave outside by the back door or sprinkle over the lawn with the grandchildren before they go to be on Christmas Eve.
The food will help keep the reindeers full of energy for their big trip, it will also keep them warm and the bird seed will help them fly!