Things To Do
Marcello Tully’s Mini FrittatasThings To Do
posted August 12th 2018
One of our grandmother’s found this recipe on the Tesco website and thought she’d share it with us; it’s a great one to get the grandchildren involved and helping out.
Frittatas are a quiche-like dish that come from Italy and in this recipe Marcello Tully mixes the sweetness of the apple to balance the savoury sausage flavour. These miniature frittatas make the perfect size portion for younger children.
- 300g (10 1/2oz) cooked sausage, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 apple, finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- 4 eggs
- 60ml (2oz) milk
- 30g (1oz) cheddar, grated
- 50g (1 3/4oz) sultanas
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
1) Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5, 190°C, fan 170°C.
2) Place the potatoes in a pan, cover them with water and bring to the boil.
3) Once the potatoes are tender, drain in a colander.
4) Peel, core and dice the apple and put in a bowl with cold water.
5) Halve the lemon and squeeze the juice into the water to prevent the apple from browning.
6) Whisk the eggs, milk and grated cheese in a bowl until they are well-combined. This is perfect for the grandchildren to do, you can step back and let them take control.
7) To the bowl, add the cooked pork sausage, apples, sultanas and potatoes.
8) Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and gently mix until combined.
9) Divide the mix evenly into the muffin cases and place in the oven.
10) Bake for 12-15 until they’re cooked through and serve warm.