Things To Do
Macaroni Cheese with HamThings To Do
posted February 20th 2019
If your grandchildren love Mac and Cheese, why not try this twist on it from our friend Sue?
You will need:
– 1tsp rapeseed oil
– 400g macaroni pasta
– 180ml single cream
– 1tsp English mustard
– 100g half fat crème fraîche
– 200g half fat medium cheese, grated
– 4 slices of cooked ham, cut in 1cm cubes
– 1 pinch black pepper
– 1 pinch salt
To make this you will need to do the following:
1) Fill a large saucepan with water.
2) Add a splash of rapeseed oil and bring the water to the boil.
3) Once boiling add the macaroni and simmer until the macaroni is cooked.
4) Once cooked, drain the macaroni and set aside.
5) In a separate saucepan you will need to add the single cream, English mustard and half fat crème fraîche and slowly melt over a low heat.
6) Slowly add most of the grated cheese to this sauce, keeping some cheese back for later.
7) Stir until all the cheese is melted in to the sauce.
8) Add the ham to the sauce and season with a pinch of black pepper and salt.
9) Mix the sauce with the macaroni and place in an ovenproof dish.
10) Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and then place the dish under a pre-heated medium to hot grill for approximately 5 minutes, until the cheese turns golden.
11) You are ready to serve.